Volunteering at Pilgrim School
We welcome volunteers in a range of roles at Pilgrim School and on Campus. Such roles include assistance in classrooms (eg listening to reading), involvement with our Learning Assistance Program (working regularly with an individual or a small group of students), sport coaching or managing, fundraising, helping in the Canteen or Library, attending camps or excursions.
If you are considering volunteering at Pilgrim School, please read our updated Volunteers Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
Our highest priority is to ensure we maintain a safe environment at Pilgrim School for all children and members of our school community. All volunteers will need to please register through our online Volunteer Registration and Agreement form.
Anyone who volunteers frequently or with no/minimal supervision at Pilgrim School will be required to:
- provide a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) – Compulsory
- provide a current RRHAN-EC (Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care) Fundamentals certificate – Compulsory estimated 2 hour online training.
- read, understand and agree to support Pilgrim School’s Volunteers Guidelines and Code of Conduct – Compulsory
- complete the Volunteer Registration and Agreement Form – Compulsory
- be familiar with the volunteer section of the Protective Practices for staff in their interactions with children and young people: Guidelines for staff working or volunteering in education and care settings – Compulsory
It is also highly recommended that volunteers complete the Protective Practices online training module. This training aims to help volunteers understand their duty of care, appropriate boundaries in their role, and how to utilise protective practices to safeguard children and themselves while volunteering. This would take approximately 1 hour to complete.